Arts at the intersection launch
We are excited to launch a new project, ARTS AT THE INTERSECTION. AATI is a collaboration between Spirit of Peace, UnityMusic and Art for Health. The motivation for Arts at the Intersection is to harness the power of the Arts as a means for creating community cohesion and cultural exchange. The Arts can also be an aid to individual and inter-cultural healing and development and play an important role in enriching individuals and communities. They are a catalyst for change and encourage people to reflect in new ways. They provide both subtle and direct challenges, particularly with regard to appreciating other cultures, challenging stereotypes and opening hearts and minds to the celebration of commonality and difference.
AIMS OF ARTS AT THE INTERSECTION
1. Facilitating access to arts and cultural activities for individuals and communities with a special focus on marginalised and minority groups.
2. Bridging cultures and enhancing community cohesion in multicultural and interfaith contexts. This includes facilitating positive cultural exchange in local and international contexts.
3. Harnessing the healing power of the arts and creativity to enable personal and community growth.
4. Providing workshops to enable community groups to engage with the Arts to enhance their work.
5. Exploring themes and actions which contribute to Human and Earth Flourishing through the Arts.